Monday, January 12, 2009

Park Tool PCS vs Tacx showdown

I've had the 2 workstands for a couple of weeks now and the winner comes down to this simple worktray. There was just not a place to get a worktray on the Park Tool stand other than spending more money on a proprietry one. For a similar if not cheaper price (<$200), the Tacx presents as great value for money. I'm so used to it now that I know exactly where my No 4 and 5 allen key is slotted. Spend an extra $20 on the PK magnetic bowl and you have a winner. It sticks extremely securely on the Tacx.
Not only that, the fact that it is supported by the bottom bracket and fork means that the bike is also more secure for hard nuts and bolts.

6 comments:

Killjoy said...

ok..now i am tempted to get the work stand...

Killjoy said...

BTW...wat happened to your sidebar Links?

AJun said...

what sidebar links? I hardly blog that I would not notice something missing. Back for CNY and some R&R. Maybe I'll decide to 'do up' the blog then...

AJun said...

Ps: i got al-cheapo ticket back so have no weight allowance to bring bike back for riding (unless I bring NOTHING else back!)

Killjoy said...

I got spare bike lar... no worries if u wanna ride. I dont ride much these days.

Go read my new blog and you will realise I am a lazy ass nowadays.

Unknown said...

boring.....

sorry, just joking!