Friday, June 26, 2009

Top End Tour: Day 3

Day 3 was a more relaxing ride; no matter what I did, even if I contested all the King of the Mountain climbs and Town Sprints, it would not change my standing on the group. Here I am leading the group out but everyone was pretty relaxed to start.Attacking on one of the climbs up the hill

Me taking out Stage 5 of the race.
Group picture of the the winners from the various stages

Neighbour, good mate and oldest rider on the tour (turning 66 this year) which just goes to show age is no barrier.

3 comments:

Catty Pants said...

You didn't say whether you came first? I assume you did :):)

Hey, I tried those lamb chops last night but for some reason, they were as yummy as when you did them. I kept putting them back in the oven cause they were pink inside and I was worred I hadn't cooked them enough!

Unknown said...

congrats!! looks like you're quite serious about this...

AJun said...

Only came third overall in the end.

Glad you tried the lamb again. I'd give it roughly 10-15mis each side. Try not to open as you lose a lot of heat and takes time to get it back up. For lamb, if its a little pink its quite all right.

Yeah Stephy, in Spore I might ride a MTB with Mike. But being here, you kinda embrace the big long open roads (with no traffic lights) which really suit a road bike