Sunday, April 4, 2010

Not all BMW's are the same?

I am already thinking of my 6 months long service leave. What to do, where to go and see..
Maybe a round trip of Aus. I dun think I can afford a 4Wd and I have always viewed them as abit of a petrol guzzler and really, how often do I go off-road.
Perhaps an offroad touring bike might fit the bill. And if its good enough for the Dakar Race, a similar bike wil be good enough for me. Unlike Singapore, its $95 for a 3 day course and you get your learner's, so why not.

Anyway, here I am at the BMW dealers; as the sales person was serving another customer:

Overheard conversation to a customer:
Salesperson: "Its normall $118k, but as its a 09' plated car, you can have it for $98k. $20k off is a really good deal......."

My turn:
Salesperson:"What can I do for you today?"

Me: "So that was a pretty good deal there for that car. Do you think I can get $20k off this bike" (the RRP is $14,500)

Salesperson: "I'll give you $500 off".

I dun think it helped when I went in there with flipflops, shorts and t-shirt.

5 comments:

Sher said...

oooh. does papa and mummy know abt this?

Catty Pants said...

Did I just read 6 MONTHS LONG SERVICE LEAVE????????????????

Hang on...have you already been working 10 years????? I'm jealous!!!!

Ok...so I am expecting a visit yes? You'd better!

And 20K off a car - wow!!! Is that a brand new model or the showroom model???

AJun said...

Sis: Nope they dun know.

Cat: Well, am just planning. 3mths full pay or 6mths 1/2 pay. I start accruing after 5yrs.

Not sure abt the car. But its already 3mths into the year so I guess they were keen to sell it off.

Killjoy said...

Hows the ride height of the BMW? I thot they used the R1000GSPD for the Dakar race and not the smaller 650.

Luci Latte said...

TIme for a new post Gerard.... *cheeky grin*