Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Second Life

Deep down inside, I think we all have our alter ego. The other side of oneself that is kept hidden but occasionally pops out to real life. Perhaps in the Singapore context; it is covered up by our hectic lifestyle in the pursuit of financial independence. Maybe thats why 'Heroes' was such a hit; ordinary people who one day was blessed with extra-ordinary powers. But my friend Mike seems to be bucking the trend, who went from a couch potato to contemplating his first full iron man triathlon admist his busy work schedule. Certainly in Darwin, my housemate has gone after what she would truly like to do.
Dietitian by day...

Aerial artiste (tisu) or circus performer by night..


Me... maybe I'm still searching for that alter ego. So far its been work and work, or work and just chill out by the pool, soccer or coffee with friends...

5 comments:

Catty Pants said...

That is amazing! Makes me re-think seriously about what I want to do with MY life :)

Anonymous said...

G,

I don't know what my purpose in life is all about. I doubt I will find that out till I meet my creator.

I did make a change in lifestyle but still is that wat i really want to achieve in life? So now its going to be a year plus journey till I reach my Ironman goal. But wat do i do after that? Wats beyond the Ironman.

Point being..don't think too much about it mate. Live your life day by day. When the time is right, you will know wat you want in life.

More importantly is live your life without regret.

Unknown said...

wah... very deep Mike. I only have one rule, whatever I do, I must be happy! If it does not bring me happiness then no point doing it.

AJun said...

See Cat, you could be the Melbournian food critic.
Thanks Mike, I actually dun think too much about it at all which makes me wonder if I should. Am certainly happy chilling and relaxing.

AJun said...

P.S. Mike, got 2 pkts of Repalyte from the pharmacy for you today. Remind me when u see me