Thursday, December 17, 2009

Its a write off

Here's a Christmas Lunch that the whole office is not gonna forget anytime soon.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/12/14/2770593.htm

Cyclone Lawrance was just passing through the gulf of Darwin but it brought along with it 250+mm of rain in 1 day (which is what we might have gotten in a month). Iwas having Christmas Lunch at the Vibe Hotel at the waterfront but next thing I know, the cars flash flooded.
I'm insured with AAMi but unfortunately, people down South just have no clues.
Me: I'd like to put in a claim for my vehicle that got flooded in a storm
AAMI: Oh, thats no good, was it raining
Me: Yes, it was (We've just got a freaking cyclone pass through)
AAMI: Were you trying to drive through it?
The hardest thing about the episode was that whenever a big 4WD decides to drive past, the wakes it creates from the water was just bobbing and hitting the semi floating cars against the kerb.
A friends Hyundai (parked behind me) and another driving a Mitsubishi Magna was written off straight away as the engine could not even start. But I was able to start and actually drive it off. So if you want a reliable car, I cannot recommend Toyota more than enough.
The Airbags electronics are located near the central console so even if I was able to drive off, the airbag circuit had actually been short-circuited. Most insurance will write it off as its too hard to repair electronics and its a safety issue. If I was to be involved in a accident, there is always the likelyhood that it will not deploy.
So here I am off to look for another car...

3 comments:

Catty Pants said...

Oh no!!! Your poor Toyota! Alamak, you should have been driving that BMW instead :):)

What will you get?

AJun said...

Ha, I could have had the BMW wriiten off if I parked at the same spot.
Not sure, Toyota's really reliable but I've owned 2 already. Thinking of the Nissan Dualis, Honda Jazz, Toyota Yaris (maybe). Bootspace ranks on the top spot as I need to be able to fit 2 bikes in there. The sedans just dun do it. And there are not many hatchbacks that looks good too..thoughts?

Serene Bean said...

Not sure if you would be interested, but the VW Golf has a massive boot, definitely can fit your bikes.

And 3 bodies too, as Ed pointed out (I maintain that medicos have a sick sense of humour). :)