Saturday, February 6, 2010

Feels like home...

Its hard to describe but when you've been away from Adelaide for that long, it somehow still feels like you're coming back home. Maybe its cos my good friend and hsemate for 4 years is still there. Or maybe its cos you look down a street or turn your head and you can tell exactly (or most of the time) whats round the corner, where are the good cafes.
Mate, Mihkel and me after touching down in the early hours of the morning having breaky in the city.
Adiemus and wife, Debbie. Stayed a few days at their newly built house in Adelaide.

Occupation Hazard: I pry into people's pantry when they are not looking. I wake up pretty early even without the alarm clock and was roaming through the house. (Cup-a-soups; what I like to refer to as just a bigger packet of salt sachet)
Trust me, Cat. I go through yours as well ;)
Well, if I'm going through your pantry, it also means I consider you a pretty close friend.
Team cars packed in Victoria Square, near the central markets
Nothing has changed too much. KY CHow is still there, but changed location, still on Gouger. Went to some of the cafes on King William street. Had lunch at Hong Fatt.
Glenlg, unfortunately is now lined with high rise apartments.

4 comments:

Serene Bean said...

Ah, Ky Chow and Hong Fatt! I miss them :(

Catty Pants said...

Hahaha..Could not but help aloud when I read that you go through my pantry :) Not that I mind cause I am rather proud of my bits and bobs :):)

So can you tell a person by their pantry like you can tell a woman by her handbag??? :):)

AJun said...

Its funny when I ate at Hong Fatt; you kinda go..gee that’s such a familiar taste to it

Pantry: I only have one rule; it should have the most basic ingredients, minimal pre-made or processed sauce/products. Cos that shows you can cook and know the flavours. U can tell a lot from the cereals people chose as well.

But then again Cat, your pantry is still like walking through a Gucci/Channel boutique cos the salt is from Maldon, the olive oil from France, the tomato sauce organic ;)

Killjoy said...

So did u get Lance autograph?