Monday, April 30, 2007

A changed man



Did I mentioned that I bought an apartment as well. Unfortunately, with my wages and lack of job security in Singapore I would never have even contemplated it. But also perhaps I was pretty happy staying home with family and a maid 24/7 that there was probably never the need. Well, I cant say that I was entirely able to do it back here in Aus either cos I CANT. Couldnt have done it without mum and dad helping out with the downpayment.



After I moved a sense of cleanliness seem to have taken over (which is not me I must add). The anti-bacterial spray and glove are like my best friends after dinner and on the weekends. I clean the marble benchtops when the reflections from the florescent lamp appear 'smudged'. I look more at Home magazines. Dropping by Bunnings and Freedom are like my weekend routine. Maybe its the sense of ownership or just protecting my 'investment' but its good know that I am paying off my own mortgage rather than someone else's loan.



But I guess some things dun change much. Still as untidy in my room. By the way, everything you see in the pictures DO NOT belong to me. Even the mattress I sleep on belongs to my housemate. Property: Yes (the 4 walls). Furniture: Zero

6 comments:

Sher said...

wahhhh!!!! now its my turn to "borrow" from ma and pa for my place hahahahahaha.
i can still remember your shit adelaide kitchen with the dont-know-how-many-days never wash dishes in the greasy sink. its ownership lah. i treat this rented apt like shit but when i was in the 3-rm, i cleaned like hell.
your bedroom sucks.

Anonymous said...

Well... its about time you freaking got yourself a damme blog..thought you died..you are suppose to help me diet REMEMBER my sport nutritionist flend.

Nice place..and I think you got JJ virus.. the "I need to santinize evrything" symdrome.

AJun said...

Thanks for the promo on your blog. Rather busy with work but will try to update when free.
Flying back in Aug (first 2 weeks).
Dun think you need much help. You've lost heaps. Just keep up the riding.

Unknown said...

how come never tell me u got blog one?? so sad....

btw, the anti-bacterial thingy reminds me of CAT!! hahahahaha

AJun said...

It wasnt that long that I started. Besides, sitting in front of the comp for prolonged periods of time didnt seem my thing. Unless its my sis where writing comes second nature. Hopefully it gets easier and I blog more often.

Catty Pants said...

Congratulations on being a home owner!!! Not many people can say that - I love your apartment! It looks really nice.

PS: I'm glad that Steph equates me with an anti-bacterial spray ;P