Saturday, April 28, 2007

Why did I leave Singapore?

Lets see... where shall I start? It was never a once off decision. Since returning to Singapore to work 2 years ago, I constantly asked myself that question. I never believed in the theory that grass is always greener on the other side. If you want it to be greener, you just water it. There's always the pros and cons with any move and the longer I stayed, the more I realised that there were aspects of life which I valued more at this stage in my life that I could not get in Singapore.
I finish work at 4.21pm legally and bosses seem really appreciative when you stay till 5pm. There's a much better work life balance and lastly I get PAID more as well.

Frankly, I was always happy and passionate with my work in Singapore. Being one of 3 Sports Dietitians in Singapore, I saw National athletes and train with them when I can. Did most of my work with the Sailing Team which was perhaps the highlight.
P.S.first sailor on the right is Justin Wong. A person which bears the same name as my brother but the two couldnt be more dissimilar. If its about girls and breaking the rules, thats my sailor.

The only thing I miss about Singapore is my family. But with Tiger airways and returns from $400 from Darwin, I believe it can be an indulgence every so often for a tradeoff I am willing to take now.


My nephew.. How can you say no to this?

1 comment:

Sher said...

he's not so cute now.