Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Misery

It was great spending the past 2 weeks with family back home. But all good things have to come to an end and I had to hop onto the flight back to Darwin. Arrived at 2.30am. Got home by 4am, slept till 7am to go to work at 8am. Think I pretty much survived on caffeine till the end of the day. Would I do it any different? Didnt think so. If I had all that free time at home, think I'd feel pretty miserable... No niece and nephew to play with. I actually have to do housework again. What to cook for dinner??
Workmates were telling me how they missed the fragrant smell of my cooked lunches heating up in the microwave. I just tell them; "you wouldnt know what I was missing out on till you came to Singapore". To them my lunches of stir fried noodles with ginger, vegetables and soysauce seasoned pork seemed exotic as compared to the cold cut sandwiches, salads or bought sushi they were having. But compared to the 3-4 home cooked dishes + daily soup and freshly cut fruits I had been having back home, it is pretty miserable I'd say.
What to cook tomorrow??

5 comments:

Catty Pants said...

Hey! That's the same as me - I flew in at 6am, got home at 8am, slept and then had to go to work that very same night at 930pm :(:(

Wish I was still on holiday!

Anonymous said...

Hey man, Just look forward to CNY when u get back. And next yr OSIM in July lar.

Great catching up w u when u were in town.

So how do i use the creatine agian?

AJun said...

Hey Cat, u just had 'huge' holiday!
Yaloh Mike.. U keep on bringing me out to makan, now I missing local food. Email you...

Sher said...

oi!!! u never cook stir fried noodles for us!!! then again, i hvnt cooked a thing since i came back too haha.

Serene Bean said...

Welcome back! Poor thing, I know how you feel. I can't wait until I'm back in s'pore! I miss all that home cooked food too. :(