Friday, March 14, 2008

Spaghetti and Meatballs

When you in AngMoh land, u cook pasta and pizza.
When you are back home, you eat fishball noodles.

Well, cos AngMoh stuff is so much more expensive that you often have to compromise on quality as you start to forgo ingredients. I'd gladly pay a 'high' price to cook a piece of steak in Australia but back home at $45-$50/kg, I think not. But sis was abit tired of the routine lunch menu and asked that I did something different. Well pasta it was.
And it always good to get the young ones involved. At least my nephew got the herb 'parsley' right, which is more than I could say for my sis (Coriander in garlic spread?!). And if it was just a lucky guess, I made sure he had a smell of it.

6 comments:

Sher said...

Oi !

Unknown said...

hehehehe I think it's good he's training the young one.... who knows Day will grow up to become a very good cook like his uncle choon.

Catty Pants said...

Your nephew is so cute!!!!

I fastidiously believe in children helping out in the kitchen. If I had kids, they would definitely be cooking alongside me :):)

AJun said...

Thks Stephy, think Day enjoyed it. He made pretty nice meatballs towards the end.
Cat: I'm sure your kids will have all the quality kitchenware to cook up a feast.

Anonymous said...

Ok... stop the yaking and just feed me my low carbs...

Cat and Gerard..your mission is to find the ultimate low fat, low carb, super yummy meal that is easy to cook up for me.

Hmm.. hungry liao..

Serene Bean said...

If I have kids, I probably won't be fussed if they don't cook, I think it would be better if I get them to clean up! :):)