Monday, June 9, 2008

Back from Brisbane

Was in Brisbane the previous 2 wks doing a course looking at the management of Type 1 Diabetes. But what I really do enjoy is the travel allowance that come with it. Its what I look forward to everyday when I'm on course.
You see, even though there's a limit, I am quite happy with cereals for breakfast in my hotel room and perhaps a quick sandwich at the hospital cafeteria or the bakery across the street. Which leaves me with quite a bit of budget come dinner. My daily routine has been grabbing a boost juice at the end of the day and trawling through the restuarants on SouthBank and in the City. I had been having a different cuisine everyday Chinese, Greek, Italian, Korean... with a few fine dining thrown in here and there. I can totally see how hard it would be for Steph to resist all these choices and good food (especially when the boss pays the tab). Took a couple of days after for some R&R and went for a day trip to the Lamington National Park.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

now u understand... haahaahaa

Anonymous said...

Hmm... i no have one.

Serene Bean said...

I also understand! :) So hard to resist the temptations, my eyes are always "hungier" than my stomach, if you know what I mean. :)

AJun said...

I understand that I need your job to put on some weight ;)
Yes, Mike. The occasional perks I get.

Catty Pants said...

Waaaaaaah...FREE fine dining!!!!

Thank goodness I don't have that or else I would look MUCH chubbier than what I already am :)

How was Brissy? I don't think I've ever been there except for her airport en route to Cairns.

AJun said...

C'mon Cat, you're having heaps of fine dining as it is. We just got the wonderful 'enjoy good food but dun grow fat' gene.
Brissy was great, Traffic horrible, but the ferries were great. Good food on South Bank and West End!