Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Strong Light CT2 and under-torque

Standard gearing 53/39 versus compack 50/34 cranks (which some traditionalist scoff at).
Frankly, I think the comapct ratio are a gem. Being 55kg and not very massive legs, I can hardly hold/pull the 53T for long. The only downside is the 34T combo which I find too low (unless I am cycling up the Pyrennes!). Thus, the 110 BCD makes it easier to change or upsize to a 38T. Spot anything wrong with the picture. I always thought over torque was bad but under torque can be worse. I didnt even notice anything until last weekends ride when I notice I had lost 3 of the 5 bolts holding the crank together! Here's the last surviving two.
Here's one area which I would not mind using steel bolts. The alloy inner bolts on the crank are already starting to round off.

3 comments:

Killjoy said...

Ti man...Ti is the way to go...they wont fall off..they just get stuck forever...muhahahaha...

BTW u heard of Lock tite????

Use it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AJun said...

Yeah, thats the one thing not in my toolbox! How I know?!?!

Killjoy said...

Now u know...