Monday, May 14, 2007

Go 2 and 5


Eating plenty of fruit and vegies not only contributes to good health, but also protects against a number of diseases and helps maintain a healthy weight.
Well, that's the national campaign backed by Dietitians to encourage Adults to get their 2 serves of fruits and 5 serves of vegetables each day. So what do you get when Dietitians working from different parts of the TopEnd get together? You get a pubcrawl; and the theme: Go 2&5, only thing is, its not fruit and veg. You get a sticker for every standard drink and by the end of the night there should be a minimum of 7 on your tag. Frankly, by the end of it, I think most of us well and truly fulfilled that requirement.


The pubcrawl also coincided with the Opening of the Arafura Games held every 2 years here in Darwin. Was elated when I got a call from an old colleague who was travelling with the Singapore Team here. Andrew's been around the council for a long time and is one of the Head Sports Trainer. I'd go to him or the rehab lab for any of my aches and pains. Anyway, we caught up on old times over dinner at my place and I got him to tag along for a few drinks as well.


Anthea who is based in Darwin but flys out to remote areas (and also my housemate); Louise from the hospital and myself.



Last but not least; our organisers, Angela, Craig and also Anthea

3 comments:

Serene Bean said...

Ah... this other Go 2and5 sounds much more fun! :)
Good to see you looking well!

AJun said...

Thanks, parents always complaining that I'm often failing sick back in Singapore but I'm glad to say I havent been sick or to the doctors since returning.

Unknown said...

why.. i am also always falling sick when i"m back in KL.... is there's something wrong??