Monday, May 21, 2007

Quality


Once I started paying my mortgages, I realise my disposable income has just greatly skrunk. You start to think about reining in your lifestyle. Thinking twice about going out or to the movies etc. But I dun do much of that anyway. I do however believe in paying abit more for 'quality' products (within my capabilities). I enjoy a lot of things and I guess thats where the reining in, comes in. I love my bikes, as you would know by now, nothing short of full carbon fibre, my set of Global knifes, tennis rackets and the polar 625X sitting at home in Singapore.
The other things I would splurge on is food and kitchen stuff and one of the first babies I got was the Weber BabyQ. Its small and compact. I can also bring it out camping if I wanted to; just swap to a smaller gas bottle. If I wanted a steak and roast veg for dinner, I just stick the veg in, take a shower; come out later just to sear the steak and its done.


Here are my ex-colleagues from Singapore and Mike at my place for a simple Aussie BBQ.
P.S. Sleeping on the floor isnt really that bad!

5 comments:

Catty Pants said...

Oooo...Global knives...are they really all that good? I've been thinking about getting them. Any advise?

Sher said...

i bet it's genetic. all 3 of us like sleeping on the floor. and i'll bet teng is STILL sleeping on the floor on that smelly mattress.
nice gadget! it looks surprisingly clean.

Serene Bean said...

Cat, Gerard: I have a Belgique 18 piece knife set, the knives are also one piece metal. Also has a Santoku knife like the Global set. But no Sashimi knife. My knife block is wood though, the Global one is metal, so probably looks cooler! :)

AJun said...

Sher: You haven't seen the grill plate yet! Needs a bit of cleaning.

After working at hoggies kitchen; the 3 brands of knives I would buy are Global, Wusthof or Henckels. I personally prefer a wooden block but they didnt have it until now. Check out the Global Ikasu Knife Block Set.
If you use Global knives often and for long periods of time (like in a kitchen). Mould can develop on the groove handles. But the knives do look cool and good cos I almost took a finger off at Hoggies!

Anonymous said...

You have a POLAR 625X sitting 2 home? Bugger..tell your parents I am dropping by and taking it. Oh and the foot pod too...

Kitchen knifes??? don't know nuts abt them ubt i swear by a Spyderco...ok ok.. maybe a gerber.. or an al mar...